Description: RehabWest, Inc. is a workers’ compensation managed care provider seeking field nurse case managers throughout California. We seek candidates with a minimum of one year experience in field nurse case management and familiarity with workers’ compensation laws and regulations. Ideal candidates have strong nursing experience, a proven track record of good employment tenure and commitment to working in the workers’ compensation industry.
All positions are home-office based with field visits requiring frequent driving to patient appointments. Part-time and full-time positions may are available depending on your geographic area. RehabWest offers competitive salaries and benefit packages.
Role: The position of a field nurse case manager is to ensure appropriate care is provided to workers’ compensation patients to accelerate the recovery process and encourage early return-to-work. Field nurse case managers perform clinical assessments, attend medical appointments, evaluate treatment plans and negotiate with treating physicians to ensure appropriate medical treatment and length of disability.
Field nurse case managers are required to compose status reports as part of each case management plan to monitor and ensure appropriate care is being delivered. The coordination of care requires frequent field visits, thorough documentation, telephone calls and emails.
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing (current California license required)
- Valid California driver’s license
- Minimum one year field case management experience in workers’ compensation claims
- Reliable and highly organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office & Web Based Information Systems)
- Strong customer service and negotiation skills
- Willing to drive to patient appointments
- Familiar with California workers’ compensation laws and regulations.
How to apply
If this position seems right for you, click the link below to apply! Make sure to attach a copy of your resume and indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for. Thanks for your interest in joing our team.